Sunday, November 23, 2014

11/23 New Sunset spot

New Sunset Spot
11/23 Give Thanks for Unfamiliar Places
New / Curious / Unknown

Today's prompt was a traveling prompt and I traveled just down Route 1 to get this shot across the river this evening. During the day there was haze in the sky with the potential for thunderstorms in the afternoon. Once it was close to sunset, I knew that I would be able to get an interesting sunset shot. The haze was high in the sky and once the sun went below that cloud bank, there wasn't much color. At least I found another spot for photography.

It was a warm day and with the possibility of rain, I took another day off from golfing. I did a little bit of shopping and finally washed the car. Then I put together our Christmas card to get the shutterfly discount which ends tonight. Every year that I look back at my pictures, I am never satisfied with what I have. But at least I have all the boys together!

I took more than one picture this evening of the sunset because of the lighting and used a couple of different presets in lightroom. It can be fun and I like this last free preset collection that I got from Eric Kim Street Photography Blog. It's a website that I need to visit often for more inspiration and ideas for my own photography.
With extra grain

Eric Kim Lomo preset


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts or musings of your own to add?